Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Senator Ross Recovering After Fall

Everyone here at Scaling The Hill would like to wish Senate Minority Whip Richard Ross (R-Wrentham) a speedy recovery. Senator Ross underwent knee surgery last week to repair a torn quadriceps he suffered after taking a fall at the State House. Yesterday, he issued the following statement in response to the outpouring of support and well wishes he's received:

I cannot thank everyone enough for all the kind words, thoughts and prayers I have received since last week's fall at the State House. I am home right now resting comfortably after undergoing emergency surgery last Thursday to repair a torn quadriceps in my left leg. Though it will take a few months of rehab to get back to 100 percent I have no doubt I will be back on my feet in no time. Again I cannot stress enough how much I appreciate everyone's well wishes and I look forward to getting back to work at the State House as soon as possible.